Danny Kingad is an Igorot mixed martial artist dubbed The King. He trains at Team Lakay in La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines.
Kingad stands 165cm and competes in the flyweight division. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born on September 26, 1995 in Sadanga, Mountain Province, Philippines.
- His father passed away in 2003.
- He grew up in Baguio City, Philippines.
- His wushu training started at Team Lakay in 2012.
- As an amateur MMA fighter, he knocked out Jomar Manlangit at “Tribal Madness,” an MMA event of UGB MMA, Tribal Submission and i Fighting Championships held at the Baguio Convention Center in Baguio City, Philippines on April 11, 2015.
- When he made his ONE Championship debut on April 15, 2016, he submitted Muhammad Haidar via rear-naked choke.
- His first professional MMA bout in Malaysia and outside the Philippines was at “ONE: Visions of Victory” on March 9, 2018 in Kuala Lumpur where he defeated Sotir Kichukov via unanimous decision.
- His first professional MMA bout in China was at “ONE: Pinnacle of Power” on June 23, 2018 in Macau where he defeated Ma Haobin via unanimous decision.
- His son Gleuordan Adriel Kingad was born on August 14, 2018.
- His first professional MMA bout in Indonesia was at “ONE: Conquest of Heroes” on September 22, 2018 in Jakarta where he defeated Yuya Wakamatsu via unanimous decision.
- His first professional MMA bout in Japan was at “ONE: A New Era” on March 31, 2019 in Tokyo where he defeated Senzo Ikeda via unanimous decision.
- In the ONE Flyweight Grand Prix Championship Grand Finals in Tokyo on October 12, 2018, he lost via unanimous decision to Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson of the United States.
- He was supposed to have his first professional MMA bout in Singapore at “ONE: Big Bang” on December 4, 2020 against Kairat Akhmetov but their match was cancelled because of his cornermen tested for the new coronavirus (COVID-19).