Bahrain-based mixed martial arts promotion Brave Combat Federation hosted its 17th event at the Nistar Park Sports Complex in Lahore, Pakistan on October 27, 2018. “Brave 17” featured 10 bouts with fighters representing 12 countries.
The fight night featured intense rounds of action featuring heated rivalries, outbursts of emotions and athletes showcasing intense showmanship. It started with two inspiring bouts that set the tone for the night as two hometown heroes emerged victorious.
In the sixth bout of the evening, Aidan James of Wales returned to score a shocking second victory over Frans “The Black Mamba” Mambo of Ireland, who was left without an answer as the rear-naked choke gripped tight. Training out of Straight Blast Gym Ireland, the latter is a 2015 International Mixed Martial Arts Federation gold medalist.
In a pure warrior fashion, Mlambo refused to tap and decided to be choked to sleep. After the bout, the SBG Ireland fighter and his opponent expressed mutual respect, setting an example of sportsmanship.
On November 16, 2018, Brave CF will showcase its 18th event in the Kingdom of Bahrain during Brave International Combat Week 2018, which is the largest combat sports festival in Asia. The fight night will feature two championship title defenses, which are for the lightweight and bantamweight divisions, and the inaugural featherweight championship.
James was the only fighter who represented Wales at “Brave 17.” Here are the official results:
- Abbas Khan (Pakistan) defeats Sikander Badar (Pakistan) by Technical Knockout (Round 1)
- Najam Khan (Pakistan) defeats Mohammad Wasim (Afghanistan) by Technical Submission (Round 3)
- Haider “The Giant” Farman (Pakistan) defeats Ariel “The Lady Boxer” Oliveros (Philippines) by Guillotine Choke Submission (Round 2)
- John Brewin (New Zealand) defeats Ahmed “The Butcher” Amir (Kuwait) by Technical Knockout (Round 2)
- Yibugele (China) defeats Zia Mashwani (Pakistan) by Knockout (Round 3)
- Aidan James (Wales) defeats Frans “The Black Mamba” Mlambo (Ireland) by Technical Submission (Round 1)
- Mehmosh “The Renegade” Raza (Pakistan) defeats Arben “Big Bang” Escayo (Philippines) by Guillotine Choke Submission (Round 1)
- P. Buys (South Africa) defeats Gamzat Magomedov (Bahrain) by Disqualification due to Repeated Fouls (Round 2)
- Jeremy “The Juggernaut” Pacatiw (Philippines) defeats Uloomi “Kratos” Kareem (Pakistan) by Unanimous Decision
- Abdoul “Sinistro” Abdouraguimov (France) defeats Rodrigo Cavalheiro (Brazil) by Unanimous Decision