Bahrain-based mixed martial arts promotion Brave Combat Federation hosted its 17th event at the Nistar Park Sports Complex in Lahore, Pakistan on October 27, 2018. “Brave 17” featured 10 bouts with fighters representing 12 countries.
The fight night featured intense rounds of action featuring heated rivalries, outbursts of emotions and athletes showcasing intense showmanship. The fight night started with two inspiring bouts that set the tone for the night as two hometown heroes emerged victorious.
In the fourth bout of the evening, John Brewin of New Zealand faced Ahmed “The Butcher” Amir of Kuwait in the lightweight division. The New Zealander was fighting his fourth professional MMA fight while the Egyptian-Kuwaiti contender was returning to the cage after his first loss in five years of professional career.
The bout began with wrestling where Amir was mounting pressure on Brewin. But the tides turned as the New Zealander was back in control as he rained punches on his Egyptian-Kuwaiti opponent.
Amir covered up as the bout was nearing the final seconds eating the punches and taking severe damage without defending. This was called up by the referee as a technical knockout for lack of intelligent defense.
An angry Amir stormed out of the cage challenging the decision. In the end, Brewin stood tall with his fourth straight win in his undefeated professional career.
Brave CF will showcase its 18th event on November 16, 2018 in the Kingdom of Bahrain during Brave International Combat Week 2018, which is the largest combat sports festival in Asia. The fight night will feature two championship title defenses, which are for the lightweight and bantamweight divisions, and the inaugural featherweight championship.
Brewin was the only fighter who represented New Zealand at “Brave 17.” Here are the official results:
- Abbas Khan (Pakistan) defeats Sikander Badar (Pakistan) by Technical Knockout (Round 1)
- Najam Khan (Pakistan) defeats Mohammad Wasim (Afghanistan) by Technical Submission (Round 3)
- Haider “The Giant” Farman (Pakistan) defeats Ariel “The Lady Boxer” Oliveros (Philippines) by Guillotine Choke Submission (Round 2)
- John Brewin (New Zealand) defeats Ahmed “The Butcher” Amir (Kuwait) by Technical Knockout (Round 2)
- Yibugele (China) defeats Zia Mashwani (Pakistan) by Knockout (Round 3)
- Aidan James (Wales) defeats Frans “The Black Mamba” Mlambo (Ireland) by Technical Submission (Round 1)
- Mehmosh “The Renegade” Raza (Pakistan) defeats Arben “Big Bang” Escayo (Philippines) by Guillotine Choke Submission (Round 1)
- P. Buys (South Africa) defeats Gamzat Magomedov (Bahrain) by Disqualification due to Repeated Fouls (Round 2)
- Jeremy “The Juggernaut” Pacatiw (Philippines) defeats Uloomi “Kratos” Kareem (Pakistan) by Unanimous Decision
- Abdoul “Sinistro” Abdouraguimov (France) defeats Rodrigo Cavalheiro (Brazil) by Unanimous Decision