The United States and Japan will be represented in the ONE Championship event titled “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” which will take place at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar on October 26, 2018. The fight card features three ONE Super Series kickboxing contests and nine mixed martial arts matches.
In the eighth bout of the evening, Emilio “The Honey Badger” Urrutia, 31, of the U.S. and Thailand will face Kazuki Tokudome, 31, of Tokyo, Japan. They will compete in an MMA match in the featherweight division.
Urrutia is a former SFC Bantamweight Champion. Originally from Miami, Florida, USA, he traveled to Thailand in 2013 to prepare for his professional debut but he ended up falling in love with Asia and making the move permanent.
It was in Miami where Urrutia earned his purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. After moving to Thailand, he competed in several Asian countries including Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore.
On the other hand, Tokudome is training out of Paraestra Hachioji and he holds a professional MMA record of 18 wins, 9 losses and 1 draw. He is a former Pancrase Lightweight Champion and is considered one of Japan’s most highly-touted featherweight talents.
Tokudome earned 9 wins by knockout and 3 by submission. He has a background in multiple martial arts disciplines including judo, Jiu-Jitsu and kickboxing.
In the main event of “ONE: Pursuit of Greatness,” two-division world champion “The Burmese Python” Aung La N Sang, 33, of Myanmar will defend his ONE Middleweight World Championship title from undefeated fighter Mohammad “O Lutador” Karaki, 27, of Lebanon. The former is also the reigning ONE Light Heavyweight World Champion.
“ONE: Pursuit of Greatness” will be the second ONE Championship event in Myanmar in 2018. Here is the complete fight card:
- Flyweight MMA: Rudy Agustian (Indonesia) vs Asraful Islam (Bangladesh)
- Flyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Joseph Lasiri (Italy) vs Josh Tonna (Australia)
- Bantamweight MMA: Ma Xu Dong (China) vs Ahmad Qais Jasoor (Afghanistan)
- Strawweight MMA: Ye Thway Ne (Myanmar) vs Mite Yine (Myanmar)
- Welterweight MMA: Luis Santos (Brazil) vs Daichi Abe (Japan)
- Strawweight MMA: Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke (Thailand) vs Himanshu Kaushik (India)
- Bantamweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Han Zi Hao (China) vs Ryan Jakiri (Philippines)
- Featherweight MMA: Emilio Urrutia (USA) vs Kazuki Tokudome (Japan)
- Light heavyweight ONE Super Series kickboxing: Ibrahim El Bouni (Morocco) vs Tarik Khbabez (Morocco)
- Featherweight MMA: Phoe Thaw (Myanmar) vs Keanu Subba (Malaysia)
- Featherweight MMA: Rafael Nunes (Brazil) vs Movlid Khaibulaev (Russia)
- ONE Middleweight World Championship: Aung La N Sang (Myanmar) vs Mohammad Karaki (Lebanon)